I Saw London Now I See France

I Saw London Now I See France

Hi! My name is Ellie I am a senior French major at LVC, so you might have assumed it but, I’m spending my semester in France! To be more exact, I am in the south of France in a city called Montpellier where the beach is 20 minutes away and the weather has been wonderful. I arrived in Montpellier five days ago and it has been crazy but, you know, like the good kind of crazy. Getting a hand of the language is the hardest part but I can already tell I’m improving which rocks and I can only get better from here.

While I have explored parts of the city so far in the past few days, before I came I actually got to stop in England for a week to see an old friend of mine, Ella. Ella lives right outside of London so, it was really cool to have a local show me all the cool spots. My first full day, we had gone into the city of London and saw all the typical sites, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben (even though it was under construction), Piccadilly Circus but those weren’t even the best parts. A little fact about me is I love watermelon, and my friend, Ella, found a place that served watermelon soft serve in a piece of watermelon, so we had to go. While the city was cool and a great place to grab a “cheeky Nandos” we kept moving through England. We traveled to Hever Castle, where we were queens for a day and to the beach town Broadstairs, where a seagull attacked us. We also spent some time watching British reality TV shows, my favorite was Come Dine with Me, a cooking competition that features average people who compete against one another to see which one gives the best dinner party. Come Dine with Me is now a personal favorite of mine, the producers must find the weirdest people have to cook a three-course meal with entertainment and as well the guest get to snoop around each house because each guest hosts their dinner at their own houses.

All of that was amazing but Ella and I finished out my time in London together with a cream tea, which is afternoon tea with a scone with butter, clotted cream, and jam, and it was wonderful way to end a week with a friend who I had really missed and can’t wait to see again.