Fear of Missing Out

Fear of Missing Out

Despite the beautiful views, hundreds of pictures and indescribable experiences, I always have that feeling that I’m missing out on something. That “something” is essentially everything that’s happening at home while I’m away. As my junior homecoming quickly approaches and festivities kick off, I really don’t think there’s any place I would rather be. Of course, I love being in Italy and it is absolutely amazing here, but there are a few things I would trade to be able to spend this specific weekend at home.

Now when I think about it, I know that this feeling is just temporary. As I scroll through social media and realize that i’m not experiencing all of these amazing things at home with my friends, I then think to myself… “wait, but i’m in Italy”. Sure, i’m missing homecoming, but I’m spending my weekend adventuring around the next beautiful city that I decide to explore. This weekend happens to be Venice, and I get to spend the time with some of my favorite people.

There’s a few other things I miss about home…

Not paying for water:

Every time I go out to dinner, I can’t just expect to get water for free. It’s usually about $3.00 for a large fancy glass bottle. Even though I’ve been here for a month, it’s still tough getting used to that.

My car:

Public transportation isn’t the worst thing in the world, I’ve actually adjusted to it quite well. Even though it’s easy to navigate, there’s times that I wish I could just get in my car and go instead of having to wait for the next bus to come around!

Football:

Yes, football. I miss listening to people yell at the tv, going to football games, football season, the atmosphere and everything that comes along with it. With that being said, Happy Homecoming Weekend at the Valley!

PerugiaLookoutMessenger

Until next time,
Theresa