Lebanon Valley College Study Abroad

Viaggio Opzionale, Parte Tre: Napoli

Our last day was spent as a trip to Naples. A tour guide talked to us on the bus as we came into the city (though most of us were half asleep). And as soon as we got stuck in traffic, I turned to Annie and said, “I think this is going to be my least favorite.”

I’m definitely not a city person because they usually stress me out – which surprised me when I fell in love with Perugia. But Perugia is a different kind of city – smaller, slower, quainter. Naples was a typical city.

Our tour guide showed us two buildings and a bakery, and then warned us about the smaller side streets and said we should really only stick to two main roads, both lined with shops none of us can afford to shop in.

So then, after wandering up and down these streets for a bit, my friends and I stopped to get a pizza because when you’re in the birthplace of pizza, you’re pretty much obligated to get one. But now – I’m extremely tired of pizza, so my family better not want it any time after I get home.

I went for a little walk after lunch with Katie as close as we could get to the water, but it wasn’t long before we had to get to the bus and head back to Perugia. Naples wasn’t my favorite place, but I think there would’ve been a lot more to do there if we’d had more time. For example, it takes 4 funicollares to get to the highest part of Naples.

We only got to see the ground floor.