Lebanon Valley College Study Abroad Fall 2012

Lebanon Valley College

Shopping in London

Hello everyone,

Shopping in London is amazing. There are thousands and thousands of stores here. One of my favorite places to shop is Oxford Street. Containing over 300 shops and stretching over 1.5 miles, there is something for everyone on Oxford Street. I think that Oxford Street is comparable to Fifth Avenue in NYC. Although some of the stores on Oxford Street are very expensive, you can still find reasonably priced stores.

My favorite store on Oxford Street is Primark. If you are trying to find a store that sells cute clothes for an affordable price this is the place to go. They sell everything from shoes and clothes to luggage and home decorations. The best time to go to this store is early in the morning right when it opens on week days. If you go to Primark on a Saturday afternoon, you will wait a minimum of 30 minutes to try on up to 8 items. But all of this can be avoided by shopping in the morning on a week day. Regardless of how long you have to wait in line to try things on it is worth it. Primark has the best clothes for the best prices.

However, shopping in London cannot be confined to Oxford Street alone. There are so many different stores throughout the city it is impossible to list everywhere. The best way to find new places to shop is to hop on a random double decker bus and get off when you spot an interesting store that catches your attention. In fact, this is my favorite way to discover new places to shop. Finding new stores throughout London is an adventure I suggest you embark on one day.