Lebanon Valley College Study Abroad Fall 2012

Lebanon Valley College

Home from Denmark

So in my last blog I had explained that I was going to Denmark this past weekend.  I can honestly say that this was my favorite trip.  We started out catching a 4:18 am bus, followed by a 5:30 am train, and a 7:00 am train.  All which was neccessary to catch a 10:00 am flight out of Rome.  We had one stop in Amsterdam, then we finally landed in Copenhagen, Denmark.  Copenhagen is an awesome city.  There isn’t as much to see as a bigger city such as Paris, but it is a different type of city altogether, which yields its own beauty.  We walked around the city for the remainder of Friday evening and most of the day Saturday.  Then we changed into our Sensation White outfits, which as the title hints, must be all white.  The show lasted from 7 pm to 3 am.  Our group wanted to make it the whole way through the show so we didn’t go until around 9:30 pm.  The show was amazing!  I have never experienced anything like this before.  The music was really good, but could have been better.  The light show was phenomenal!  After leaving the show at 3 am we had to wait to catch a taxi, which was a task in itself since most taxis would not pick up people in all white, due to a policy they had.  I was able to flag a generous taxi driver down and we set off for the train station.  We took a 4 am train to the Copenhagen airport for a 6 am flight.  Sunday consisted of us traveling all day long to get back to Perugia.  We finally arrived in Perugia at around 6 pm with much relief.

This coming weekend is going to be a relatively relaxed weekend.  I have pictures to take for my photo assignment and a few papers that need writing before they are put off too long.  Sunday is my birthday so hopefully I will go out to dinner with my friends.  I have a feeling they are planning something but I don’t know.  I guess we will find out soon enough.

Till next time,

Alex

ps. I have a video of Sensation on my facebook page if anyone is curious as to what Sensation looks like.