Lebanon Valley College Study Abroad Fall 2012

Lebanon Valley College

Monday!

So this weekend was a lot of fun! A lot of the students from Umbra went on a field trip organized through Arcadia University, but since I wasn’t through their program, I was not required to go. Instead, my roommate and I worked on homework and walked around Perugia. A group of us then went to the National Gallery of Umbria, which houses some of the most amazing artifacts from Perugia’s history. We saw a lot of pieces, mostly from cathedrals throughout history. Some of the pieces date back to the early 1300′s and the gallery includes artifacts though the late 1700′s. It was really neat to see how the style of art changed between eras. The rest of my weekend was fun, we went out each night and made some new friends with some local Italian students and we were able to work on speaking Italian, which is always good. I’m done with my classes for the day and I am trying to order train tickets so a group of us can take a trip to Bologna and Florence for next weekend, but it is rather frustrating. Hopefully everything will work out! Till next time, thanks.

Alex