The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning was established in 2006 with the belief that quality teaching is at the essential core of scholarship, and that it should be founded on a solid understanding of human learning.
The major goals for the Center include:
- Provide information on learning theory and instructional design that will help faculty better understand the fundamental issues of teaching and learning.
- Provide support for course design, organization, and implementation.
- Facilitate a campus-wide discussion on teaching and learning issues that affect what faculty do in their courses.
- Develop a library of resources from the research literature on teaching and learning.
- Promote the concept that teaching is a serious form of scholarship and as such deserves attention, respect, and rewards for faculty efforts in this area.